Sunday, May 26, 2013

LETHAL DECEPTION by Lynette Eason

This book is listed as a "Love Inspired Suspense Riveting Inspirational Romance" and I must say it lived up to each and every adjective! It places you in the middle of the Amazon jungle at the very beginning with a kidnapping, and a suspenseful rescue.  But the suspense doesn't leave you even though you think everyone is finally safe.  It may be a small book but it was a full and complete story and I enjoyed myself very much.

Cassidy McKnight find herself in South America to pick up and child at an orphanage who has lost her parents and needs a home.  She finds herself kidnapped with no rescue in sight.  Gabe Sinclair, a former Navy SEAL guy, is asked to go and rescue her.  When Gabe finds her, rescues both her and the child, and brings them home he thinks his job is done.  But someone is out to do Cassidy harm and Gabe must protect her without falling in love with her and her sweet little orphaned child.

I liked Cassidy's attitude toward it all, "I don't understand God all the time.  If I did, I wouldn't need faith.  So, I'm going to exercise my faith and trust that God had something good come from all of the horror.  I may never know what it is, but I'm trusting He'll let me in on it one day in heaven."  I am looking forward to reading the next story in this series, "River of Secrets".

No comments: