Tuesday, April 13, 2010

RAMSOMED DREAMS by Sally John

I give this book excellect marks for dealing with a story that could have went in two different directions at the end and for the way the author brought this book to a close. I don't want to give anything away, but in a moment of time Sheridan Montgomery's life was changed when tragedy struck her, her husband, Eliot, and her friend in Venezuela when shots were fired and bullets went flying. One person was dead, another forever "injured" and Sheridan left to pick up the pieces and try to live in a world neither her nor her husband feel safe in. They end up living in a small town in the middle of nowhere in a Mexican village (and I loved the people in this village). They thought they were safe as no one knew where they were, until one day Luke Traynor shows up to tell Sheridan her father is dying. (Luke is the guy who helped Sheridan through the terrible ordeal after the shooting.) Sheridan must deal with her fears, her bitterness towards her father, her ability to continue to love her husband who will never be the same and to deal with her feeling for Luke. Does she follow her feelings, or follow God's written word? Both Eliot and Luke were men you will grow to respect and understand and you will like them both.
This story line dealt with alot of tough questions and situations and I praise the author for the biblical way she handled these situations. I also enjoyed the fact that I truly did not know how this story was going to end until the very end. Way to keep me guessing!!
I would also like to thank Tyndale House for providing me with a complimentary copy of this book to read and review.

No comments: