Thursday, April 26, 2012

WILDFLOWERS FROM WINTER by Katie Ganshert

This is the first book I have read by this author and I look forward to reading more of her work. She mentions looking out for "Wishing on Willows", which will follow up with one of the characters in this story. I will definately be reading that story when it comes out.

This was a story filled with people letting go. Bethany Quinn had alot she had to deal with in this story. She had to let go of so much, but I think the one things that topped it all was letting go of her misconception of God since she was a young girl. Her view of God centered around a man (a preacher) who did not live up to his calling. So she spends her life avoiding anyone who claims to be a Christian. As a young architect making her way in Chicago, she feels the need to return to the town she ran from 10 years ago to visit her grandpa on his farm after hearing of his heart attack. She also needs to face Robin, her one true friend who she walked away from when she found she had "religion". Robin also has to let go of someone she loves and the story deals with her heartache and struggles too.

This was not an easy read, but a very realistic look at life and how you deal with tough times. The handsome farmhand, Evan Price, tries to get Bethany to trust in someone other than herself. It is a tough battle between Evan and Bethany throughout the story. This was not a lighthearted, fun romance story. But is was a very realistic love story on many different levels. It was intense at times, with alot of heartaches and pain, but through it all there was hope, love and a peace to attain. It was hard for me to put the story down and when I did, I found myself thinking about the characters when I wasn't reading the book.

The back of the book describes the author, Katie Ganshert as someone who "writes stories about finding faith and falling in love" and I would say she did a great job of that in this story. Looking foward to the next installment in this series!

Thanks goes to Blogging for Books, a part of WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for sending me this book for my review.

Paperback:
320 pages
Publisher: WaterBrook Press (May 8, 2012)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 0307730387
ISBN-13: 978-0307730381

No comments: