Tuesday, April 16, 2013

BEYOND ME. Living a You-First Life in a Me-First World by Kathi Macias

The title on this book caught my attention and I found alot of good insight through reading this book.  It dealt with many different areas in a believer's life: guarding our heart, choosing eternity over today, our call to reconciliation, keeping a tender, grateful heart, seeking first His kingdom, "attitude adjustments", our dependency upon God and many more.  I especially enjoyed her thoughts on the prodigal son and his brother and the father's heart.  But if you get this book and for some reason can't finish it, I highly recommend you read Chapter 10 before you lay this book aside, "Do You Love Me More Than These".  It was a very powerful chapter and meant alot to me!  

As it says on the back of the book, "Beyond Me will help you understand the calling, the costs and the benefits of true discipleship."  I felt it lived up to that statement very well.

No comments: