Monday, February 15, 2010

An Eye for An Eye

Another great book in this series! I love it when a book keeps my heart pounding and holding my breath until I turn the page to see what happens. Someimes I can't read the words fast enough to see what will happen. This book had alot of intrigue, suspense, and romance.
Mark Sanders is on the FBI Hostage Rescue Team, but because of a fatal shooting he has been given a field assignment in St. Louis. As he is out jogging he "runs into" Emily Lawson, a "summer love", that he hasn't seen for 20 years. Emily has lost her husband, a firefighter, in the line of duty. She isn't sure she wants to become interested in another man with a "dangerous" job.
As they are talking in the park a bullet whizzes past them and Mark immediately steps into action to protect Emily, who does get hit. In the first chapter of this book the action immediately begins. The shooting at the park is a really intense scene. It had me hooked from there.

No comments: