Monday, March 15, 2010

BEGUILED by Deeanne Gist and J. Mark Bertrand

Rylee Monroe is a dogwalker for the wealthy people in Charleston. Logan Woods in a reporter/want-to-be-book writer who is following the break-ins in the Charleston neighborhood. The one similarity to these break-ins seems to be that Rylee Monroe is a dog walker for each of the houses being robbed. When Logan decides to help Rylee out by finding out who the real villian is he learns alot more about Rylee than he bargained for. Rylee has a hard time letting herself trust Logan and relying upon him, since her father supposedly left her and her mother when she was very young.

This was a good mystery story with some romance thrown in to make it even better. I always enjoy a book that keeps me guessing up until the very end, and this book accomplished that. I really enjoyed the character of Rylee and her love of animals. When she ends up in a jail cell for a night I was appreciative of the prayer and realization she came to in her life. I liked the chemistry between Rylee and Logan too. A book well worth reading! Thank you Bethany House for sending me this book to review.

No comments: