Saturday, October 9, 2010

WHEN BREAKS THE DAWN by Janette Oke

This book (3rd in the series) picks up literally the same day that book 2 finishes. I am enjoying reading this series, but liked books 1 & 2 better than 3. It continues the story of Elizabeth and Wynn facing hardships, but enduring. Elizabeth is able to start a school, begins to deepen her friendships and get to know the people better, but struggles with their inability to have children. Then Wynn is presented with a new posting at another village. Can God carry them through their deep struggles?
I think the story of this book can be summarized very well by a few sentences taken from the author in this book. Elizabeth's thoughts: "I knew that in orer to have peace with God one must meet His conditions. The first thing I had to do was to confess my sin. In this case it was my bitterness and resentment. I was angry with God. . . "
"What I did know was that God was in charge of my life. He was my sovereign God. He knew what was good for me, and I needed to understand that in His great love for me, He would comfort and sustain me. . . . "

No comments: