Wednesday, October 27, 2010

WITHIN MY HEART by Tamera Alexander

This whole series of books, Timber Ridge Reflections, was great. I got to know and love the folks of Timber Ridge and Tamera does such a good job. Alot of times when I read a series one of the books may not be as good as the others, but in this series it would be very hard to pick which one I liked the best, cause they were all good. I would like to thank Bethany House for sending me a free copy for review, and thank Tamera for also sharing a little bit of herself in her books. I especially felt blessed to read "A Note From Tamera" at the end of book 3. I appreciated her thoughts on the 2 main characters, Rand and Rachel, when she said, "Rand and Rachel each took steps of faith into the life God was calling them to, though they couldn't see what that life would look like. Because, like us, if they could see, then it wouldn't be faith."
This story is about Rachel Boyd, who is struggling to maintain her late husband's dream of a ranch for her two young boys. She is a very stubborn woman, who has a hard time forgiving and forgetting and seeing the good in some folks. She also has a tender heart, easily hurt.
Dr. Rand Brookston is a great doctor and person, who has come West to make a difference in the healthcare of this small town. He has had an interest in Rachel for quite awhile, even though she has shown no interest in him. When they both are needed to help the life of a dear friend, they have choices they must make and their feelings for each other become quite apparent.
I had a range of emotions while reading this story and even had to get out the Kleenex box during a part in this book. The whole series has become a "favorite" in my book collection. (I also want to say the the person who had charge of selecting the covers for these stories did a awesome job!)
I would like to leave my review with a quote from the book that really meant alot to me, where Rachel is thinking back over hard circumstances in her life, it "didn't change the eternal truth that God was sovereign, that His provision was unfailing, and that His love was perfect." This story brought that truth home very well.

No comments: