Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A BRIDE MOST BEGRUDGING by Deeanne Gist

This was an interesting romantic read set in the 1600s here in America. Constance is a "feisty redhead" who finds herself being forced into a situation where she is on her way to America from England as a "tobacco bride". Drew O'Conner wants a maid to take care of his place and someone to care for his young sister. When he ends up marrying Constance straight off the ship, he gets far more than he bargained for. Constance goes from "hands off" to "please love me" and Drew also vacillates between wanting her and not wanting her. The author did a good job of making you feel how it was to be there in the colonies at this time in history. There was very good dialogue and alot of twists and turns in this story and it made for very interesting reading. I found that the more I read, the more I enjoyed the story. I look forward to reading more by this author.

No comments: