Sunday, February 19, 2012

PAPER ROSES by Amanda Cabot

Paper Roses - once you read this story the title will seem very appropriate! Sarah Dobbs is leaving her past behind her in Philadelphia and arriving in Texas with her 2 years old sister, to meet and marry Austin Canfield, a man she has only met through letters. Upon her arrival she finds Austin's brother, Clay waiting to take her to the ranch, where he gives her the news that Austin has been killed. Sarah can't go back, so she must find her future there is Texas. Sarah plans to stay, but Clay can't wait to leave, once he finds his brother's killer. There is so much going on in this story. For me it started out as a nice enjoyable read, but ended up being so much more that that. There was such a good message of seeing God's hand in everything, of redemption and forgiveness and of love. This was a story that I really didn't have figured out until the end (which is always a plus for me). There was a mystery to solve, a town to unite and broken hearts that needed to heal. I thought this author did a very good job with this story and was pleasantly surprised how much I liked the story the more I read. I am definately looking foward to reading books 2 and 3 in this series.

No comments: