Wednesday, July 23, 2014

UNMENDING THE VEIL by Lisa Heaton

If you haven't read Lisa Heaton's books then you are missing out on great stories.  This is her second book I have read and both have been excellent!   I can't say enough about how much I enjoy the way she writes.  This story caught my attention right away and it took me places I wasn't even expecting.  There was so much in this story I could talk about that touched me as I read it.  There was sorrow, heartache and despair, but the joy and peace that comes from a heart that is right with God is something that is so precious words cannot describe how it makes one able to deal with life.  Is forgiveness possible when horrible things have happened to someone?  Yes, but I believe only through a person who has a right relationship with their God.  I want to just say a big "thank you" and "well done" to Lisa Heaton for her gift of storytelling.

Some of my favorite quotes from the book, "chaos and torment are the absence of peace.  The absence of peace means you have somehow stepped away from God.  And make no mistake, He will never leave you nor forsake you, so absence means you have moved, if you are a believer, that is."  Page 59 does a great job of explaining the whole concept of "unmending the veil" and makes total sense in this story.  Regarding this veil, "With the wall in place, they mistakenly believe God doesn't see them, or probably more accurately, they are hoping not to see Him.  In this way they run from His presence rather than run into it. They live out the Christian experience missing the One they really need, Jesus.  It becomes a lifetime filled with ritual and routine, but never a relationship with Him."  "Learning the secret of contentment came as a result of unmending the veil.  Once every barrier in her heart intended to keep God away was removed, she could see, and know, and be in His presence as He died to achieve."  I could go on, but don't want to make this review too long.

What is this story about.  It is about a young lady who flees a perfect marriage that gradually turns ugly and dangerous.  About a man who comes to the Inn she runs and helps her find the peace she is looking for in her life.  About a husband who finds himself in jail, but also finds a Savior, Jesus Christ.  About forgiveness, about starting over, about being sensitive to God's leading in their lives.  It is a story that will stay with me a quite some time and one I will keep on my shelf to read again.  The picture on the cover was great and went so well with this story.  Be prepared to shed a few tears as you read this thought provoking and heart stirring story.

Print Length: 312 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1481290304
Publisher: CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform (July 28, 2013)
ASIN: B00E80O1CQ

No comments: