Sunday, August 31, 2014

THE SWISS COURIER by Tricia Goyer & Mike Yorkey

This was a gripping tale of loyalty, love and courage set in the days of WWII.  It is 1944 and the Gestapo is searching out enemies of the Third Reich after someone tried to kill Hitler.  A young lady, Gabi Mueller, who lives in Switzerland,  finds herself in harm's way as she tries to make a difference by being a courier and helping to get a German scientist out of the hands of Hitler before it is too late.

This could make a wonderful movie as I felt as I was watching one while I was reading.  It gives you the place, the time and the date at the beginning of each chapter and the descriptions and attention to details showed that these authors did their homework and even though some of the details were above my head, I still found it very interesting and full of suspense and intrigue.  I won't spoil the story, but will say I was taken by complete surprise near the ending of this story and must say I really liked the surprise.  If you like history and intrigue you won't be disappointed by "The Swiss Courier".

No comments: