Tuesday, August 24, 2010

The VIGILANTE'S BRIDE by Yvonne Harris

This was my first time reading anything by this author and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed her writing style and I loved the cover they chose for this story!!
Luke Sullivan finds himself robbing a stagecoach and kidnapping a young lady on Christmas Eve. He didn't plan to, but he wanted to "get even" with the man, Axel, who stole all his parent's owned many years ago. He wasn't expecting Emily McCarthy to be on that stage and headed to Axel's ranch to be his bride (Emily didn't know it at the time, but she needed to be rescued from Axel, a man she had not met yet, but planned to marry). Luke ends up taking her to New Hope, an orphanage there is Montana, the place Luke grew up in after his family died. Emily is such a feisty little woman and Luke is a very determined young man. The way they bicker and fight and try to irritate one one another was at times hilarious! I was laughing out loud at times.

This had a little of everything in it; adventure, danger, killings, indians, cattle rustling, and of course romance (it isn't called "The Vigilante's Bride" for no reason). It had a real western flair to it and I enjoyed reading it very much! You won't be disappointed by reading this story and I look forward to reading more by this author.

I would like to thank Library Thing Early Reviewers for giving me this book for review!

1 comment:

Sherry Kuhn said...

I see you liked it too!!!