Tuesday, December 14, 2010

TWO TICKETS to the CHRISTMAS BALL by Donita K. Paul

What a charmingly delightful story. I was first impressed by the cover of the book and then I was fascinated by the storyline. Cora Crowder is getting ready for Christmas. As she searches for a gift she finds herself not far from her workplace at a most unusual bookshop, Warner, Werner and Wisbotterdad's Book Store. She unexpectedly runs into a co-worker there, Simon Derrick, who she has worked with for many years, but really never known. They both discover tickets for a one-of-a-kind Christmas Ball after having been to the bookstore.
You see the Sage Street bookshop has some matchmaking booksellers working there, as well as other folks working in other stores along Sage Street who have decided Simon and Cora need a little help in the romance department. This Christmas Simon and Cora will discover that their opposite personalities can be a perfect match.
I loved the whole fairy tale setting of Sage Street. I also enjoyed Simon's sister, Sandy, and her child-like ways, but with alot more insight than folks would give her credit for having. And then there is the Booterbaw sisters and their Costume Shoppe. I think my favorite section of the book is when they explained to Cora how she really was a princess and why; she was a child of the King!
I would like to thank WaterBrook Multnomah Publishing Group for sending me this book for review. I am very glad I had the chance to read it and highly recommend the reading of it.
If you would like to watch a video trailer of this book go to:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lr3-m5YpQpU
Enjoy!

No comments: