Saturday, April 2, 2011

LEAVING by Karen Kingsbury

This is the first book in the new Bailey Flanigan Series and I encourage anyone to start at the beginning of the Baxter family and friends saga and read through all the series. You will not be disappointed and you will fall in love with the Baxter and and Flanigan families. This story kept me on an emtional roller coaster of emotions; it had me happy, sad, irritated, edgy, smiling, crying and wanting to shake some people up until they "opened up" until the very end. I found myself finishing the book very quickly and I was always wondering how the author would bring this story to a close (and although she did a great job of the ending, by leaving the door wide open for book two, I was hoping for a different ending!). And that is all I will say on the ending because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. Let me just say that Bailey's Mom had some good advise for Bailey. This story is about Bailey Flannigan who is all grown up and spreading her wings and wondering where the Lord will lead her; New York, Hollywood or right there in Bloomington, Indiana? And then there is Cody, the man Bailey has always loved, but has left her high and dry. There is also Brandon, the Hollywood heartthrob who finally gets to Bailey's heart about how serious he is about her. This is a story of the Baxter family too, which you will have met in the earlier series. There are so many wonderful characters and you feel like you know them all and feel with them when there is sadness or joy. These books also have a great Christian message to them that is well done and appreciated by me. I can't wait to read the next book in this series. Karen Kingsbury, you have done it again! Another great beginning to a series I am sure will not disappoint.

No comments: