Wednesday, January 25, 2012

THE KING'S RANCH by Rhonda Rue

This was a book that I didn't fully appreciate until I was done reading it. It was a writing style that didn't flow as smoothly as I would have liked it to. I got to the end and found myself liking the book but can't put my finger on what the story was missing. I really liked the way this author took you on a journey that included the message of salvation and how living the life can have such a dramatic influence upon others. I would recommend this book to others and would enjoy reading some more of this author's work.

Kara Winters has lost her fiance 2 years ago and just can't seem to get over the loss. She meets the fun-loving and courteous Duncan Summers and finds herself falling in love. But it is a long distance relationship and Duncan's former girlfriend keeps showing up and this causes Kara to not totally give her heart to Duncan. There is also a great story about Kara and her folks and her best friend and how they reach out to the older couple "down the road" and how their testimony makes a difference in this couples life. It is a feel good story with a happy ending and I felt refreshed having read "The King's Ranch".

No comments: