Tuesday, January 17, 2012

PARIS ENCORE by Bodie & Brock Thoene

This is book 8 in the Zion Covenant Series and I know all books can be read by themselves, but I would not recommend reading this book without reading the others in the series first. It is a well written story of the first six months of WWII as it was over in France, England and Germany. There is alot going on in this book and alot of characters to keep track of and this is not a book I can read with distractions around me. I had to keep my focus to maintain who was where and what was going on. It gave me a new understanding of those first months on The Western Front and all that transpired before the battles even really began in earnest. There is danger, invasions, evacuations, spies, bombs and the beginnings of love for some and the ending of life for others. Although this is in fiction form, I know there were many who lived this story in real life and Thoenes do a good job of making this story feel very factual.

No comments: