Thursday, January 12, 2012

LONDON REFRAIN by Bodie and Brock Thoene

I had forgotten what a good series of books this, The Zion Covenant, was when I read books 1-6 years ago (not knowing until recently that there was 3 more books in this series). As I was reading this book I found myself feeling like I had been dropped into the middle of a very intense story with alot of characters and alot of little stories going on inside one big book. The more I read the more I remembered from reading the first 6 books, but I felt like I missed alot by not reading these books all the way through from book 1-9. This book takes place as the German Nazis first invaded Poland in 1939. It was very well written, but hard to read at times because of the senseless and cruel killings and hatred and the sadness of no other country stepping up and doing something about the way Germany was killing and taking over a country. There was a love for those people who endured hardships and kept their hope alive, of people who were willing to sacrifice their lives for the sake of helping others escape. I am overwhelmed at times to realize what some people have lived through and appreciate the way in which Brock and Bodie Thoene made this time in history come alive to me. This is a series I highly recommend.

No comments: