Friday, March 28, 2014

THE DANGER OF SELF LOVE by Paul Brownback


The sub-title to this book is "Re-Examining a Popular Myth" and this is what the author does; and quite well I might add.  I can't begin to convey how much this author did in helping me see how this self-love concept has infiltrated the church and what the scriptures say and do not say regarding this topic.  He deals a lot with man's theories and always brings it back to what does God and the holy scriptures say.  I can always tell how good a devotional book is after reading it, when I go back through the book and see all the notes and underlining I have done while reading.  This book is filled with such things.  I will say the beginning chapters and ending chapters were the best because the middle of the book spent a lot of time discussing the humanistic world views and the men who first promoted this self-love theory.  I highly recommend this book and will keep it on my shelf as a tool to use when dealing with this subject.

No comments: