Friday, December 23, 2011

GIDEON'S GIFT by Karen Kingsbury

This may be a small book, but it is a story of a little girl who has a large heart when it comes to loving and sharing and concern for others. It was a story that brought to me many different emotions as I was reading it. It is a story of hope and believing in miracles at Christmas and seeing them happen.

I liked the way the story started and then flashed back in time and then flashed back in time again. Earl is a man who gave up on life and finds himself living on the streets; and it took Gideon, a little girl struggling with a life threatening disease, to help bring him back to God. Gideon and her family were a joy to read about and even though they had their struggles, they had each other and that is what really mattered. I read this in one evening and when I finished I came away from reading this book with a desire to reach out to others the way that Gideon did. What a remarkable little girl she was.

No comments: