Monday, December 26, 2011

SARAH'S SONG by Karen Kingsbury

Karen Kingsbury's "Red Glove Series" were 3 books I am glad I took the time to read. Each one had a precious lesson to learn on love and I really enjoyed how red gloves were worked into each story. In Sarah's Song we learn about Sarah Lindeman who is in a retirement home and doing her annual review of her "12 days of Christmas", which is a look back at the "moments" in her life that left a deep impact (good and bad). This year though Sarah wants to leave her story with someone and make a difference in their life. Beth works at the retirement center and Sarah wants to reach out to Beth and help her through whatever seems to be hurting her (which is a marriage that is falling apart). Through Sarah's song and her ornaments, Beth comes to understand the secret to love. I fell in love with Sarah and her story and she just seemed so real to me. Her love for Sam was so precious and dear and her story just touched my heart. Although there is alot of heartache and sorrow in this story, there is also alot of love and rejoicing in how God works in the heart and lives of people. I am very glad I took the time to read the "Red Glove Series".
You don't have to read them in order because each book stands alone in its story.

No comments: