Wednesday, January 16, 2013

BATHSHEBA by Jill Eileen Smith


                   This is book three in "The Wives of King David" series.  They were all very good, but I must admit I liked book two the best, "Abigail".  This story is of David and Bathsheba and goes from their earliest meeting and follows through to their son Solomon reigning.  My heart was grieved over sin and its consequences, but was also overjoyed at God's love and forgiveness.  We don't really know the behind the scenes conversation of David and Bathsheba, but this author did a good job of helping you to understand how it might have been between these two real people.  I believe she stayed true to the historical facts and it makes me want to go back to the Bible and read about David and his struggles with taking many wives.  Any book that makes you want to "search the scriptures" and learn more, I believe is a book worth reading.  This story would use many of David's psalms from the Bible and insert them at times and struggles in his life where he might have written them, and it makes those psalms come more alive in their meaning.

As a side note, I would like to thank the person who did the covers for each of these books.  They did a great job!

No comments: