Tuesday, January 1, 2013

TOP TEN BEST BOOKS IN 2012


We had all our children and grandchildren home for Christmas this year (what a blast!).  My oldest son was asking me about my blog (he and I don’t read the same genre of books and he is always questioning why I read so much Christian romance).  He suggested I do a top ten best books for 2012 on my blog, and after thinking about it, I thought it would be a fun idea.  Although after looking back through all I had read, this was harder to do than I anticipated.  But here are the top 10 (not in any special order):

1)      Best Novella for 2012:  The Three Gifts – by Lynn Bulock, Irene Hannon, and Lenora Worth

2)      Best  fun romantic read:  Short-Straw Bride by Karen Witemeyer

3)      Best classic older story that has stood the test of time: Three Shall be One by Francena Arnold

4)      Best suspense story that keeps you guessing: When the Smoke Clears by Lynette Eason

5)      Best short story romance: Finding Home by Marianne Evans

6)      Best realistic and intense story that doesn’t even seem like fiction:  Firestorm by Jeanette Windle

7)      Best tender love story:  The Bridge by  Karen Kingsbury

8, 9, & 10) Best stories that are in a series: Regina Tittel’s Ozark Durham Series
                    Erin Rainwater’s two books: The Arrow that Flieth by Day and True Colors
                    Kathleen Sherwoods’s  two books: McKenna & Rachel

Why do I read so much Christian romance?   I like to read “Christian” stories because they usually have a good message to them, are biblically sound and don’t have “R-rated” scenes in them.  I like to read “romance” because I guess I am a “romantic at heart” (I sure hope my husband would agree to that statement!).  Looking forward to 2012 and all the books I have ahead of me to read!

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all who are out there reading my blog!

No comments: