Saturday, January 11, 2014

HEALING HER HEART by Laura Scott

This was book one in the Crystal Lake Series and it was a good story that for me was way to short.  I was just getting to know the characters and appreciate where they were coming from and then all of a sudden the story ends.  I did read the first chapter in the next book in this series (which was at the back of this story) and it is encouraging to know that hopefully this story and characters will continue on in book two and three.

Dr. Gabe Allen is an ER doctor at Hope County Hospital in Wisconsin.  He has a rule that he doesn't date colleagues.  But Dr. Gabe wasn't counting on meeting and working with the delightful Larissa, a nurse at Hope County, who began work there 6 months ago.  When an abused lady comes into the ER Larissa and Gabe will suddenly get more involved in her situation than they ever imagined.

This was a story of forgiveness, letting go of past hurts and letting oneself fall in love.  I enjoyed myself, but just wish it would have been a longer story as I felt it seemed to end too suddenly.  A good romance, but I just wish there was more.  I will enjoy reading more about the folks in Crystal Lake and those that work at Hope County Hospital.  The next story is called "A Soldier's Promise" and I look forward to reading it soon.

1 comment:

Sherry Kuhn said...

I would have liked it longer too but she does mention in the book that the reason for this book was to get readers acquainted with the people and town, kind of a prequel. You know you like it book though when you feel it's too short!!! ;) I believe there are two other books in the series at this point and they about double in length.