Wednesday, June 8, 2011

HIDDEN AFFECTIONS by Delia Parr


I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It had a very unique beginning to the story and kept my attention all the way through. I like the writing style of Delia Parr.

Annabelle finds herself married to Harrison Graymoor (and how it happens was quite interesting). Neither one of them plan to stay married, but must, for appearances, look happily married until the annullment comes through. So you have two very determined individuals, who are forced into a situation, who are both trying very hard not to like each other and definately NOT to fall in love.

I appreciated Annabelle and her desire to "befriend" everyone; the servants, staff and even the down and out. Her motto for life pretty much summed up how she tried to live, "If you live a life centered on the love God has for you, He'll always give you the strenth to embrace love and the courage and grace to face all the disappointments that life can hurl at you." I also liked how Harrison tried to be uncaring, but secretly he was always doing something nice. And I loved the head housekeeper at Graymoor Gardens - she was a dear lady, who didn't mind speaking her mind! There was heartaches, secrets and sadness, but alot of caring and love throughout the book and I enjoyed every minute of it. I want to thank Bethany House Publishers for sending me this book for review. I could have chosen several other books, but I must say the cover drew me to this one. Great job!

No comments: