Friday, June 3, 2011

SPRING FOR SUSANNAH by Catherine Richmond


This was a story that after I finished reading, I closed the book with a feeling of joy and satisfaction. It was a feel good story, even though there were elements throughout the story with sorrow and heartache in them. I will look forward in the future to hopefully reading more of Catherine Richmond's books as this was her debut.

Susannah finds herself arriving in the Dakota territory married to a man she has yet to meet (which I thought was quite interesting in itself). She has grown up in a home where love was never openly displayed and rarely shown, and her self-confidence level is very low. Her new husband Jesse is a breath of fresh air. What was there not to like about this character. I thoroughly enjoyed his personality and how he eventually brought out the best in Susannah. There was sadness, heartaches and pain in the story; but there was also alot of love and understanding and folks who endured and came out stronger in their love for one another and in their faith in their God. I feel it was time well spent in reading this story and would like to thank Thomas Nelson Publishers/ BookSneeze for sending me this book for review.

No comments: