Monday, June 27, 2011

ANNA FINCH and the HIRED GUN by Kathleen Y'Barbo

This is book two in Kathleen Y'Barbo's series of women of the west. I enjoyed all three in the series. They were all filled with fun, romance and delight. I read them out of order, and it was fine, but I encourage you to read them in order. I met the main charcter of this story in book one, Anna Finch. I must say I was totally surprised by who this lady really was, after reading book 2. She was not the lady she appeared to be in book one; and I loved her for it.

Anna Finch's father is tired of seeing his daughter get into "mischief"; so he hires a Pinkerton man, Jeb Sanders to stick with her and keep her out of trouble. There first meeting was quite unexpected and got the story off to a good start. Keeping an eye on Anna proves to be quite a full time and demanding job for Jeb. Anna has a chance to write a story about the legendary Doc Holliday, the only problem is Jeb wants a chance to kill him. It makes for some very interesting excursions as Anna tries, but fails, to sneek away without Jeb along. You know Jeb and Anna are going to end up together, but it is sure fun watching the whole process take place.

I had a hard time putting the book down until I was finished reading. This whole series has just been fun to read from beginning to end. I also got to know a little bit more about Doc Holliday and appreciated the author sticking close to the historical facts about him in this story. I highly recommend this lighthearted and romantic series of books.

No comments: