Thursday, September 1, 2011

LONELY HEARTS by Amanda Stephan


"One lonely mother. Two matchmaking kids. Three eligible bachelors. What could possibly go wrong? ~*~
This is one of the descriptions given to this book and it is so "right on"!

This story was a delight to read and one I had a hard time putting down until I finished it. This is the second book by Amanda Stephan that I have read and she is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors.

Becky Callis is a widow who has just arrived in town with her 2 children and are seeking to make a home for themselves in this small town. She finds new friends and old friends and eventually finds herself taking on a housekeeping/nanny type position at Pierce Morgan’s ranch. You can feel the attraction they both have for each other, but neither one comes out and really tells the other how they feel. There was a point in this story when I wanted to pull my hair out waiting for Pierce to “get his act together” when it comes to the decisions he was making.

I loved the way these two main characters “danced around” each other and couldn’t read fast enough to see how the author was going to finally bring them together. I also enjoyed the sensitivity of her two children and the wise old ranch hand, Curly. This was a quick read, filled with enjoyable characters. A fast moving story filled with romance and I had a really good time reading it. I want to thank the author, Amanda Stephan for sending me this story to review. It was a pleasure to read!

No comments: