Sunday, September 11, 2011

SHADOWS IN THE SAND by Gayle Roper

This was a story that took me by surprise. There was romance, intrigue, danger, suspense and a town full of "twitter" people that made me laugh. It started up as a story of a cafe owner, Carrie, who sees Greg Barnes every day in her cafe, but who never gives her the time of day, even though Carrie would love to be the object of his affection. Then the author takes the story to another level I wasn't expecting. You meet so many characters in this cafe and they all seem to have a story to tell and it is somehow all intertwined together throughout this story. You learn the backgrounds of these people and it makes you appreciate them all the more having seen what they have come through and they are survivors. This story made me laugh, it made me sad and mad at times. It was very well written with a tender love story taking place in the midst of alot of mystery and danger.

No comments: