Tuesday, August 28, 2012

OPERATION: MARRIED BY CHRISTMAS by Debra Clopton


Okay, I must say that this story in the Mule Hollow Matchmakers series drove me crazy! I liked the story line, but I just couldn't wrap myself around why Haley Bell Thornton was so mad and unable to forgiven and to stop blaming Will Sutton for the way her life turned out. You see, 10 years ago Haley left Will standing at the altar and since then she has left 2 other men standing at the altar (kind of like the movie, "Runaway Bride". She has now run home to her Grandpa Applegate in Mule Hollow. The folks in Mule Hollow have plans to see Haley and Will married by Christmas, but both of them have to learn to communicate and not "blow up" every time they start to talk. Will starts to see how he might have been at fault for not understanding Haley 10 years ago, but Haley doesn't seem to want to take any responsibility for walking out on their marriage; which is something I just couldn't understand.

I will continue on in my Mule Hollow saga, but this story for me just wasn't as good as the first 5 in this series. The folks of Mule Hollow though have grown on me so I am off to see who will fall in love next!

No comments: