Friday, August 3, 2012

SHORT-STRAW BRIDE by Karen Witemeyer

This was a delightful story from start to finish, that will leave you smiling at the end. It is my first time reading anything by Karen Witemeyer and I am looking forward to reading more of her books. I don't often give out 5 stars, but this story I just found a pleasure to read all the way through. There was, of course, romance, but there was also laughter, danger, sacrifice and gallantry. I also really liked the cover of this book as it went so well with the story.

Meredith Hayes has overheard a plot that someone is going to burn down the Archer brothers ranch. The Archer brothers have grown up literally on their land, without venturing off, and someone is out to do them harm. Meredith must become the first female to trespass on to their land and warn them. She is pretty and feisty and not afraid to put herself in danger because she also has a tender heart. When trouble breaks out she finds herself stuck on the ranch with the 4 brothers, who must draw straws and one of them must marry her to keep her reputation from being ruined. Travis, the oldest, draws the short straw and from there it is just a matter of time before they both learn what the other is truly feeling about the marriage.

There was alot going on throughout the story and it was fast paced. I liked each of the brothers and the closeness they had with each other and it would make a great series to get to know what happens to each one of them. This story is similar to Mary Connealy writing style, so if you like her books, you are going to love this one. It is a warm-hearted story that will leave you with a smile on your face.

I would like to thank Bethany House for sending me a copy of this book for my honest review.

No comments: