Saturday, August 18, 2012

THE TROUBLE WITH LACY BROWN by Debra Clopton

I like to read 'Love Inspired" books every now and then because they are quick and easy and generally have a good story line to them. This is the first book in the "Mule Hollow Matchmakers" series and I like the way it is starting off.

Lacy Brown believes the town of Mule Hollow is where the Lord is calling her. The reason she feels called there is kind of cute and humorous. She is going to help the town from dying out by opening a hair salon. You see the town of Mule Hollow has put out an ad for 'women wanted' for all the cowboys in town with no mates. Lacy is there to spruce up the town and the women as they arrive in Mule Hollow. She is a little spitfire who is always on the go. When she literally runs into Clint Matlock she is not prepared for the sparks that fly.

Yes, you know exactly how this is going to end, but it sure is fun reading and watching how it all takes place! Now I am on to another story in the Mule Hollow saga.
For those of you who don't read the author's letter sometimes at the end of a book (you really should if you don't) I felt Debra hit the nail on the head by her description of this story. Speaking about Lacy Brown, "Her zeal for God made me want to draw closer to the Lord in my daily walk and to seek His will with all my heart. She made me want to let my hair down, too, and have some fun. She made me laugh-and that was a very good thing for me at a time when I really needed to smile. I pray you had as much fun as I did and that God blessed you in a special way as you read Lacy's story." Thanks Debra, your story did exactly that for me.

No comments: