Monday, August 13, 2012

TRUE COLORS by Erin Rainwater


This is my first book by this author and I must say I am very impressed with her style of writing and looking forward to reading more of her work. I was truly so taken with the story line that is was hard to put down, and when I wasn't reading, I was wondering what was going to happen next. She also did such a good job of making one of her characters so despicable that I had to remind myself, "he is not real, don't get so upset". There were twists and turns I didn't see coming which always makes for a good story. It was also a historical novel, which makes you feel as if you are learning as you read. All in all a very good book and I am looking foward to reading "The Arrow that Flieth by Day" next, as it tells the story of one of the characters that are mentioned briefly in this story.

Cassie and Michael are two people caught up the the tragedies of the Civil War. They fall in love quickly, decide to get married in secret and then their life is torn apart in ways I wasn't even expecting. Can their love and marriage survive all that is happening to them? Secrets, war, lies and deceit are happening all around them, but real love is a bond that cannot be broken.

Be prepared to fall in love with "Sassy Cassie" and Michael, a true hero, who will eventually show his "true colors".

No comments: