Friday, October 5, 2012

This is a story that took me by surprise.  The cover (you can't judge a book by its cover) looked old and outdated and I figured the story might be also.  But I was pleasantly surprised as I started reading, and found myself totally immersed in the story.  This story mainly takes place on a small island that just has the lighthouse and the lighthouse keeper living on it.  It takes place in the bitter cold Winter and you can feel yourself there.  The characters were people who didn't have an easy life, hadn't traveled far, but they knew what commitment meant, and were learning to love in the real sense of the word.  I took away from this story a sense of pride in these people.  We often feel love is a feeling, but love is a choice and when we choose to show love, the feelings will most likely follow.  Love doesn't quit during the hard times, but it endures.  The author did a great job and I would definately read more of her books!

No comments: