Friday, October 12, 2012

THE BRIDGE by Karen Kingsbury

This was a story centered around "the best little bookstore in the world" which happens to be in Franklin, TN.  It is a story about the dear married couple who have run this bookstore all their married life, and also about two young people, Molly and Ryan, who met, became friends and went through college and thought they fell in love while studying at the bookstore.  It is a tender and sweet romance.  I loved the way the owners, Charlie and Donna, had such a deep and lasting love, in the midst of struggles and hard times.  And Molly and Ryan you knew had a real "heart connection" but through a twist of fate, they never took the opportunity to let each other know excatly how they felt.  This was  a story that starts in the present, and then has alot of flashbacks to show you how you got to the where you are now.  I loved getting to know these people that way.  I couldn't read this book fast enough, because I wanted to see how it was going to all turn out.  So I recommend you give yourself some time when you start this book, because you are not going to want to put ii down until you finish.  For the romantic at heart, this is a must read!
I want to thank Howard Books for giving me the chance to read this book and review it through NetGalley.  It was a pleasure to read and I felt the cover was also a good draw for people to pick up and read this story.
Hardcover: 272 pages
Publisher: Howard Books (October 23, 2012)
ISBN-10: 1451647018
ISBN-13: 978-1451647013

No comments: