Sunday, July 3, 2011

CIRCLE OF HONOR by Carol Umberger


I must admit that I have had this series of books sitting on my shelf for quite some time. I have always enjoyed the look of the book and its jagged pages. I put off reading them because I wasn't sure if I would enjoy the time period and location of these books (the highlands of medieval Scotland). But I want so say that after reading book one I am hooked and ready to begin book 2! Carol Umberger does a great job of catching and holding your interest and also giving you a history lesson of the times while you read.

Gwenyth Comyn is a young lady whose father has been killed by Robert the Burce and pledges revenage on those who killed him. Adam Mackintosh is her sworn enemy and soon to be the new laird of the land in Scotland. Gwenyth finds herself being "married" to this man, after being brutally used by another. "Did she dare to hope that love would grow out of loyalty and commitment as Adam believed? Could she trust him with her battered heart?" This is a story of "victory that belongs to those who do God's will. No matter how difficult the situations, you must trust God."

This was a hard book to put down for me and so I read it rather quickly. The character of Adam was someone anyone would admire and his way with Gwenyth was very refreshing and made you feel good about them both. This was time well spent and enjoyed and I hope the other 3 books in this series will be just as good. Time to go find out!

No comments: