Saturday, July 16, 2011

The PASTOR'S WIFE by Jennifer Allee


This was an interesting story line for me and at times difficult to believe. Maura Sullivan finds herself back in Granger for a quick visit and then "get out of town" before someone sees me. What she wasn't expecting was to find her husband at the reading of a will that she hasn't seen or spoken to for 6 years. Nick Shepherd is the pastor in this small community and has been for 6 years. Although both their hearts were broken 6 years ago, they find themselves thrown together again by the reading of this will. And I think you all know how this story will end.


I guess there are married couples who drift apart because one is so focused on their job and the other can't speak up and say what the problem is, but I find it hard to believe that for 6 years neither party tried to fix this problem if they loved each other as it was obvious they truly did. I enjoyed watching them get to know one another all over again, except this time they both listened, talked and became aware of their mates thoughts and feelings. I enjoyed reading the story, I just had a hard time wrapping my mind around some of the things that took place; but that is why it is called "fiction"!

No comments: