Sunday, July 31, 2011

RESTLESS in CAROLINA by Tamara Leigh


This is book 3 in this series and I didn't read book two, but did like this story better than book one. I would recommend though reading them in order because you get to know the characters in the other stories so much more and understand the dynamics of the Pickwick family. This story is about Bridget Picwick-Buchanan. She is a widow, a landscaper and a lady on a mission to save her Uncle Obe's family estate and surrounding acres of unspoiled land by making sure J.C. Dirk buys it (he is an eco-friendly developer). How she goes about meeting J.C. Dirk and what happens after that is what makes the story interesting. I enjoyed the way Bridget kept thinking to herself and also enjoyed "the family" more in book 3. Throughout the story you find both Bridget and J.C. Dirk battling with issues in their lives (one being their attration to each other). I think J.C. summed up both their problems with these questions, . . "Do you know how hard it is to be right with God when you aren't right with people? When you can't forgive as you should? When you're holding the past tighter than it's holding you? When you think you're better at being God than God Himself?". . These were tough questions that both main characters had to answer and this author dealt with these questions in a good but very enjoyable way. I appreciated the subtle humor throughout the story and the whole Pickwick family, as odd as some of them were. This was a good ending to this series.

I almost forgot to say that I was sent this book by LibraryThing Early Reviewers to read and review. And I was happy I read it and glad to review it!

No comments: