Friday, November 30, 2012

THE BREATH OF DAWN by Kristen Heitzmann

This book is labeled as a "fast-paced and complex love story" and I would have to agree.  It is the third book in the series and as with most books you can read it as a stand alone, BUT I wouldn't recommend it.  I had just finished book two, "The Still of Night", and then began this story and let me just say, I was totally stunned by how the author started this story! 

Morgan Spencer is pouring his life into his little girl, Livie, and trying to just get through another day since his wife Jill was killed in an auto accident.  Quinn Reilly is a young lady who has been living her life and hiding herself away so the man she put in prison can never find her when he gets out.  Through a chance meeting these two people will find themselves on a roller coaster ride of romance and suspense all thrown together.
 
I just can't seem to find anything wrong with Morgan Spencer.  He is just an all around great guy who knows what he wants and usually gets it.  Their "love" story was a joy to read.  I enjoyed the first half of this story more than the last half.  It was all good, but the whole sordid story centered around Quinn's family and the man who is out to do her harm, along with the "evil" house was a little too creepy for me. 

All in all it was a great series of books that I would highly recommend.  Kristen Heitzmann wrote a great series with "endearing characters" and "exciting plots" and I thoroughly enjoyed reading this whole series.
I want to thank Bethany House (through Net Galley and through LibraryThing) for giving me this book for my honest review.
Paperback: 437 pages
Publisher: Bethany House Publishers (November 1, 2012)
ISBN-10: 0764210424
ISBN-13: 978-0764210426

No comments: