Saturday, March 2, 2013

THE DUCHESS AND THE DRAGON by Jamie Carie


This was a story that took me to many places and had many twists and turns that kept me intrigued throughout the whole story.  You begin in England during the Regency-era, and find yourself traveling by boat to young America.  You will meet two characters that are as different as night and day (or are they really??) and you will enjoy the deep love these two people will have for one another.  The cover of this book I thought was "right on" and went with the story perfectly.

Drake Weston, who is Duke of Northumberland, finds himself written completely out of his father's will when his father suddenly dies.  I won't spoil it for you, but Drake's idea of how to still be heir to the wealth, prestige, and power is quite ruthless.  His plan though seems to fall apart quickly and he finds himself catching a boat for the Americas as an indentured servant.  Getting sick on the boat and delirious when he lands, he is taken to the home of a Quaker family.  There he is nursed back to health by Serena Winter and an instant attraction is felt between the two of them.  How it all works out from there you will have to read the book and find out, but the twists and turns will definitely keep you reading till the very end.  I enjoyed myself very much reading this book.  There was always something going on, traveling to do and characters to love.  It was a delightful story and one I could see myself reading again.


No comments: