Monday, November 22, 2010

JILLIAN DARE by Melanie M. Jeschke

If you are a big fan of the classic "Jane Eyre" and would like to read a contemporary story inspired by "Jane Eyre" then you are going to love "Jillian Dare". I have a soft spot for the whole story line of this book, so I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. Jillian has landed a job as a nanny at a large estate in Virginia. Cadence Remington is the little girl she has charge over while the father stays busy running his business. As Jillian gets to know the moody employer, Ethan, she finds herself falling for her boss. But when his dark secrets come out, Jillian must make some hard decisions.
I thought this was a very well written story and appreciated the 3 types of readers the author was attempting to satsify (see the author's note at the end of the story). It made me want to read the classic all over again, but also made me appreciate the modern day version that this author has written so well. Well done Melanie M. Jeschke; I look forward to reading more of your work!

No comments: